A web application which allows you to categorized the books you have read, want to read or currently reading. The backend API uses a fixed set of cached search results and is limited to a particular set of search terms, which can be found in SEARCH_TERMS.md.
To get started developing right away:
- install all project dependencies with
- start the development server with
- Navigate to
- Search books against a keyword
- Add book to a shelf
- Update shelf and apply changes globally
- Remove book from shelf
BooksAPI.js contains the methods required to perform necessary operations on the backend:
- Returns a Promise which resolves to a JSON object containing a collection of book objects.
- This collection represents the books currently in the bookshelves in your app.
<Object>containing at minimum an
<String>contains one of ["wantToRead", "currentlyReading", "read"]
- Returns a Promise which resolves to a JSON object containing the response data of the POST request
- Returns a Promise which resolves to a JSON object containing a collection of a maximum of 20 book objects.
- These books do not know which shelf they are on. They are raw results only. You'll need to make sure that books have the correct state while on the search page.
Create React App
This repo is open for contribution. Feel free to suggest a feature or open a new issue here.
For details, check out CONTRIBUTING.md.