AInspector Sidebar Test Releases
Latest XPI file:
Note: Firefox ESR version 52.7.3 is now required for testing unsigned add-ons
- Beginning with Firefox 48, released Aug. 2, 2016, users no longer have the option of installing unsigned add-ons using the method outlined below.
- Only the Firefox Extended Support Release 52 provides this capability.
Configuring Firefox ESR 52.7.3
Allow installation of unsigned add-ons
- In the Firefox location bar, type
about:configand press Enter.
- Unless it has been disabled, a warning will be displayed and you will need to click the confirmation button that says “I'll be careful, I promise!”.
- In the about:config tab's “Search” field (top left), type
- In the list of filtered results, select
xpinstall.signatures.required, right-click the item, and in the context menu, select “Toggle”.
- The result in the “Value” column should display
Installing the XPI file:
- Save the downloaded XPI file in a familiar location on your computer's file system.
- In the Firefox main menu, select “Tools > Add-ons”. A tab entitled “Add-ons Manager” will appear.
- Select the menu button with the gear icon at the top, and from its menu, select “Install Add-on From File...”.
- Choose the downloaded XPI file, and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select “Restart”.