Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
qmethod, an R package to analyse Q methodology data
Q is a methodology to study the distinct perspectives existing within a group, on a topic of interest. It is used across disciplines. See further about the method in http://qmethod.org/about. See an example of what you can do with this package.
This package performs the analysis of Q methodology data using principal components analysis and varimax rotation (replaceable by other rotations). See a graphical interface (beta).
(From the package reference manual)
The following steps of the analysis correspond to separate functions: factor loadings for Q-sorts, automatic flagging of Q-sorts (manual flagging is optional), z-scores and factor scores for statements, distinguishing and consensus statements, and general characteristics of the factors. The function qmethod wraps them all.
The functions for each step may be used separately for advanced analysis, for example, for manual flagging. The package includes a function to import data from PQMethod software, to export plain text data for interpretation in two flavours, and to print and plot Q method results.
- A cookbook of qmethod
- The package in CRAN, the R repository
- The package reference manual
- The latest code of the package is on this Github site
- An introduction to the package, usage, and validation in Zabala (2014)
- Suggested best practices in data management for Q studies
- For those not familiar with R, see a simple (beta) visual interface to use either online (without installation) or offline