Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a new feature release that includes more than a year's worth of contributions since v0.7.6. The configuration of both repositories and servers has change significantly, and Knowledge Repo administrators are recommended to review these changes as soon as possible. In particular, repository configuration from v0.7.6 and earlier is no longer compatible, and is ignored in v0.8.0+ due to security concerns. If you need to enable compatibility for this configuration during a migration, add
required_tooling_version: "!v0.7.6" to a file named
.knowledge_repo_config.yml in the root of your repository.
- Added support for custom server-side authentication (with various OAuth 2.0 providers) [@matthewwardrop, @zerogjoe]
- Error logs are now stored separately from pageviews [@matthewwardrop]
KnowledgePostProcessorto handle extracting images from posts for use in a separate server for static content. [@aaronbiller]
- Posts can be opened in new tab by holding Alt or Command keys while clicking the post [@matthewwardrop]
- Indexing is now much more robust and can handle multiple instances connected to the same index database across multiple servers [@matthewwardrop]
- Added index database schema downgrade functionality for when this is necessary [@NiharikaRay]
- Documentation improvements, including creation of new Sphinx documentation [@matthewwardrop, @danfrankj, @mrustl, @aaronbiller]
- Added support for user icons [@matthewwardrop]
- Knowledge Post source files are now found at /src/ instead of /orig_src/ [ @matthewwardrop ]
- Improvements to web editor flow, including directly creating a proxy-post from
- Various theming improvements including favicons, responsive UI, and styling [@matthewwardrop, @danfrankj]
- Added posts per author to stats [@ymwdalex]
- Allow specifying custom templates during post creation via the CLI [@jordan-wright]
- Removed two security vulnerabilities associated with arbitrary code execution from code stored in knowledge repositories on both clients and servers via knowledge repository configuration and embedded tooling. [@matthewwardrop]
And many other small bugfixes and improvements. Many thanks to everyone who contributed code and information via issues.
This is the next in a series of minor updates for the v0.7.x series, and fixes several important bugs and introduces several cosmetic improvements. We also introduce formal compatibility with the Windows platform and add Windows to the list of platforms we continuously test against.
- Improvements to the rendering of the main index feed. (#218)
- Improved pagination controls (#221, #224)
- Code folding support (#232, #233) [thanks to @clabroy]
This release does a handful of things
- Fixes MySQL timeout errors in the DBKnowledgeRepository (PR here)
- Changes the way posts are rendered (PR here)
- Several webeditor fixes including:
- Update the URL schemas for all post-related routes: ([PR here])(#197)
Full change list here
This release fixes some small bugs that have been discovered since the last release:
- support for dir functionality in a DBKnowledgeRepository when specifying a subfolder as parent (fixes loading images from the repository)
- some lingering issues with indexing (such as occasional hanging)
- some cli issues caused by a recent patch to the chaining of the knowledge_repo command
- a dependency issue due to an upstream change to nbconvert
It also adds some simply debugging routes that can assist in diagnosing issues, and improves documentation.
This release is (slightly) more than a bugfix release. It two new headers:
thumbnailthat allows you to choose which image to use as the feed image. It can be a normal file or web uri, or a number (in which case the nth image from the post is chosen as the feed image).
proxywhich allows you to specific a url which will be loaded into an iframe when the post is rendered. This can be helpful in gaining publicity for documents stored on external hosting services, like Google Docs Docs, Dropbox, etc.
It also supports using non-standard port numbers for git-ssh, improves search, fixes some CLI bugs and fixes batch tagging.
This release fixes some small bugs related to reindexing, and some minor enhancements:
- DBKnowledgeRepository revisions were datetime objects rather than strings, breaking comparison
- Cleaned up time delta handling during the reindexing
- Added the last time the repositories were checked for updates as a tooltip when hovering over last index update time.
This is a minor bugfix which addresses the following issues:
- PostGres databases do not support
BLOBdatatypes, so we now use a generalisation.
- Revision information for DBKnowledgeRepository instances was malformed.
- MetaKnowledgeRepository revision information was not being output in the expected form.
This release is the next minor version in the pre-stable series.
It adds the following features and improvements:
- Automatic reindexing of knowledge repositories when they are updated (git repositories must still be externally updated, which will be addressed in a future version)
- Improved deployment logic which unifies launching the knowledge repo using the development server built into Flask, Gunicorn and uWSGI.
- Greatly simplified and improved web editor.
It also addresses the following bugs:
- Fixes setting up a DBKnowledgeRepository atop Postgres
- Fixes knitting of Rmd files on Windows
For a complete list of changes, please review the git changelog.