Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
(Vague) Jasmine 2.0 Goals/(Guidelines)
- No globals!
- jasmine library is entirely inside
- globals required for backwards compatibility should be added in
boot.js (EG, var describe = jasmine.getCurrentEnv().describe lives in boot.js)
- Don't use properties as getters. Use methods.
- Properties aren't encapsulated -- can be mutated, unsafe.
- Reporters get data objects (no methods).
- easier to refactor as needed
Remaining non-story-able work:
- More unit tests - fewer nasty integration tests
- Finish killing Globals
- New objects can have constructors on
- Top level functions can live on
- Top level (i.e., any
jasmine property) should only be referenced inside the
- isA functions:
- isArray_ - used in matchers and spies
- unimplementedMethod_, used by PrettyPrinter
- jasmine.util should be util closure inside of env or something
- argsToArray is used for Spies and matching
- inherit is for how matchers are added/mixed in, reporters, and pretty printers
- formatException is used only inside Env/spec
- htmlEscape is for messages in matchers - should this be HTML at all? Is that * Matchers improvements
- move AddMatchers to Env & global (away from spec)
- make matchers unit-testable
- write doc on how to make a matcher
- Build - can we, should we redo the build and release process AGAIN in order to make it less arcane
- Want to add JSHint to build
- Use a standard JS/Node based concat system instead of custom Ruby?
- JsDoc is a pain to host and RubyMine is pretty good at navigating. I say we kill it officially
- Docco has gone over well. Should we annotate all the sources and then have Pages be more complex, having tutorials and annotated source like Backbone? Are we small enough?