Where did they go from here
Tested up to: 4.6
Show "Readers who viewed this page, also viewed" links on your page. Much like Amazon.com's product pages.
Have you seen Amazon.com's product pages? Amazon is a great example of visitor retention through recommendations. All of Amazon's pages have a "Customers who viewed this also viewed". And how many times have you clicked those links? I know I have!
Now you can implement the same feature on your WordPress blog. Where did you go from here let's you show "Readers who viewed this page, also viewed" links on your page.
The plugin tracks the pages, posts and custom post types that visitors click through from the current post. You can then display these followed posts automatically at the bottom of your posts, using a shortcode or via the inbuilt widget.
If you're looking for a plugin that displays posts related to the content, look no further than Contextual Related Posts
- Automatic: The plugin will start displaying visited posts on your site and feed automatically after the content when you activate the plugin
- Shortcode: Use
[wherego]to display the followed posts. For a range of options check out the function
- Widget: Find the Followed posts widget to display the posts in your theme's sidebar
- Manual install: Want more control over placement? Check the FAQ on which functions are available for manual install
- Exclusions: Exclude select posts and pages from the list of posts. Exclude posts from select categories from the list of posts
- Custom post types: The visited posts list lets you include posts, pages, attachments or any other custom post type!
- Styles: The output is wrapped in CSS classes which allows you to easily style the list. You can enter your custom CSS styles from within WordPress Admin area
- Fully customisable output: Extendable via filters and actions. Style with CSS or use the inbuilt plugin API
- Thumbnail support:
- Uses the default WordPress image options to fetch the correct sized image. Recommended thumbnail setting is the same as what you set for Thumbnail size or Medium size in your Media settings page
- Support for WordPress featured image
- Auto-extract the first image in your post to be displayed as a thumbnail
- Manually enter the URL of the thumbnail via WordPress meta fields
From v2.0.0, this plugin incorporates Freemius Insights. If you opt-in, some data about your usage of will be sent to freemius.com and will be used by me to help improve the plugin. This is completely optional and if you choose not to opt-in, it will not affect your usage of the plugin.
WordPress install (the easy way)
Navigate to Plugins within your WordPress Admin Area
Click "Add new" and in the search box enter "Where did they go from here"
Find the plugin in the list (usually the first result) and click "Install Now"
Download the plugin
Extract the contents of where-did-they-go-from-here.zip to wp-content/plugins/ folder. You should get a folder called where-did-they-go-from-here.
Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
Goto Settings » Where did they go to configure
Optionally visit the Custom Styles section to add any custom CSS styles. These are added to
wp_headon the pages where the posts are displayed
For more screenshots visit the WordPress plugin page
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the FAQ on the plugin page for a detailed list of questions and answers.
If your question isn't listed there, please create a new post in the WordPress.org support forum. I monitor the forums on an ongoing basis. If you're looking for more advanced paid support, please see details here.