This application is a book categorizer and book search app similar to Goodreads. One can move books into 3 categories: Want to Read, Currently Reading, and Read.
To get started developing right away:
- install all project dependencies with
- start the development server with
To simplify your development process, a backend server is provided. The provided file
BooksAPI.js contains the methods you will need to perform necessary operations on the backend:
- Returns a Promise which resolves to a JSON object containing a collection of book objects.
- This collection represents the books currently in the bookshelves in your app.
<Object>containing at minimum an
<String>contains one of ["wantToRead", "currentlyReading", "read"]
- Returns a Promise which resolves to a JSON object containing the response data of the POST request
- Returns a Promise which resolves to a JSON object containing a collection of a maximum of 20 book objects.
- These books do not know which shelf they are on. They are raw results only. You'll need to make sure that books have the correct state while on the search page.
The backend API uses a fixed set of cached search results and is limited to a particular set of search terms, which can be found in SEARCH_TERMS.md. That list of terms are the only terms that will work with the backend, so don't be surprised if your searches for Basket Weaving or Bubble Wrap don't come back with any results.