What makes a bad segment?
Users are encouraged to report (AKA downvote) and avoid making segments with the following issues:
- It cuts information relevant to the video's subject. Always avoid this.
The whole video is about (or closely related to) the thing you're making a segment on.
- For example, if the whole video is a sponsor, don't make sponsor segments.
- If the video isn't entirely about a sponsor but could show bias for it, don't cut sponsor disclosures.
The transition feels awkward (poorly timed, not seamless). For example, when possible, avoid cutting in the middle of words, or on an unfinished sentence. The other points take precedence, however.
- You are encouraged to cut segues (sections made specifically to smoothly move into a sponsor)
- It sneaks things not relevant to the segment type or not necessary to make the segment seamless.
It's not a time-consuming segment.
- Don't cut what is merely visual and occurs during actual content.
- If it's way too short (less than 2 seconds) and introduces awkward transitions, prefer against doing it.