Steppe is actively under development so we recommend you wait until it's production-ready before using it for anything serious. That doesn't mean you shouldn't play with it now though; go right ahead!
- Four degrees of freedom (4DoF); translation along the x, y, and z axes and rotation about the y axis
- Reflection-mapped, semi-transparent water with globally variable height
- Full 360-degree panoramic sky
- Floating horizon and faux camera tilt
- Coloured distance fog for better depth perception
- Texture-mapped terrain with client-side compositor accepting multiple textures
- Antialiasing for smoother rendering results (currently unavailable)
- Configurable render quality from low, through medium, to high
- 2D billboarded sprites (JS only)
- Alternative texturemap for out-of-bounds terrain
- Fog applied to sprites
- MIT license
- All HTML5 2D canvas; no WebGL!
- Sanitised API
- Pre-calculated lightmap support for shadows