The Clock Awakens
Using LEDs and an ESP8266 to make a smart, futuristic Star Wars clock
See the project page for details such as the parts list, building instructions, etc.
Uses the Sunrise-Sunset API among others.
Setting up the environment
- Set up the ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE (instructions)
- Install the Time, Adafruit NeoPixel, WiFiManager, and ESP8266Scheduler libraries through the Library Manager (instructions)
- Install the
- Make the necessary changes to
src/firmware/config.h.templateand save them in
src/firmware/firmware.inoin the Arduino IDE
- Upload the sketch data by going to Tools > ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload
- Upload the sketch to the device