Object-Oriented file and path handling.
The std lib file and path options aren't very pythonic.
I should be able to perform basic tasks directly on the file.
- In development. The public API is not formally documented and may change at anytime. Please pin the version you're using to avoid breakage.
- Semantic Versioning
- I will commit to not breaking the public API within major versions. (Non breaking API starts at 1.0.0)
- If you would like to support it's author, you may do so via gittip. Thanks for your support!
>>> from oopen import OOpen >>> oofile = OOpen('example_file.py')
Retrieve and set the name of a file:
>>> oofile.name 'example_file.py' >>> oofile.name = 'test.txt' >>> oofile.name 'test.txt' >>> oofile.path '/Users/ajhekman/Projects/oopen/oopen/test.txt' >>> oofile.location '/Users/ajhekman/Projects/oopen/oopen/'
Retrieve other file information:
>>> oofile.sha1 # all of the hashes within hashlib are supported (md5 to sha 512) 'e90296612f91b8adf498884b20c8356113c83a73' >>> oofile.modified_time datetime.datetime(2013, 1, 14, 9, 10, 31) # << file times are represented as native datetime objects
with pip (recommended):
Optional use virtualenv:
- virtualenv venv
- source venv/bin/activate
[sudo] pip install oopen
sudo easy_install oopen
update version numbers where appropriate
tar -xvzf oopen-x.x.x.tar.gz
[sudo] python setup.py install
Useful for specifying an exact commit, or for local development.
pip install-e git+https://github.com/ajhekman/OOpen#egg=oopen
you may also specify a tag or commit hash after the URL
pip install -e git+https://github.com/ajhekman/OOpen@0.1.1#egg=oopen
pip uninstall oopen
- using abspath for stat lookup
- Added multiline support to history generation regex
- Fixed link formatting in similar projects
- corrected tag-version sync
- Added preliminary support for the extension property
- Added related projects to README
- Added publishing tasks to fabfile
- modified .gitignore
- Improvements to fabfile
- Made reSt modifications for github
- README.rst is now a compliation of INFO,INSTALL,HISTORY,LICENSE
- Further packaging and install improvements
- Packaging updates
- Initial Release
- For development only, needs to be tested.
not affiliated with oopen or it's author
- Object-oriented alternative to os/os.path/shutil
- Object-oriented filesystem path representation.
- An object oriented file path module
- Filesystem paths as objects
- An object that handles path more easily
- Object for working with files and directories
- Object-oriented filesystem paths
- An update of Jason Orendorff's path.py.
- XpathRecord: An XML to read-only Python objects library
- Generate and resolve paths to to objects.
- Resolving paths in the object hierarchy