by AJ Minich, August 2013
This project aims to create a keyboard interface in space using the iPhone. The idea is similar to the Virtual Keyboard, except it would appear entirely in the user's vision.
Based on Yoshimasa Niwa's fantastic introduction to OpenCV on iOS.
The following are on my list of things to do:
- Glowing border around hand contours
- Skeleton-ize the hand to get finger and palm location points
- Draw keyboard and other interfaces in the background, behind the user's hand
- Have app run detection in a constant loop; get rid of buttons
- Get provisioning/devPhone going: developer enrollment, provisioning instructions
- Remove smaller blobs (reduce noise)
- Improve hand detection: tighten color ranges, increase robustness in high-contrast or low-light situations