The project can be broken down into two main phases or outcomes - the first is to refactor the module system, and the second is to integrate with Composer. The current (very rough) planned timeline is:
- 7th - 21st May Project and API planning, and discussion on how the system should be implemented.
- 21st May GSOC starts.
- 21st May - 9th July Refactoring the module system.
- 9th July Midterm evaluations.
- 9th July - 13th August Integration with Composer.
- 13th August GSOC finishes.
This will be expanded on as GSOC approaches.
May 21 - May 28
- Autoloading investigation - PSR, manifest only?
- Writing a PHP class parser to work around limitations of first loading all classes, as well as being able to generate more specific data to SS
- Initial class parser implementation (https://gist.github.com/2818026)
- Initial proof of concept composer installer (https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-composer-installer)
May 28 - June 4
- Mailing list post for community input on whether interim composer support is desired
- Will be putting together test examples of class parser to demonstrate fringe cases
- Application / Module structure development ** https://gist.github.com/dc9b7db44d1fac52fd8b
- Clarify module project relationship (vikas' other module website project)
- Mailing list post at https://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/dd629a5aab12d796
- Test examples pending
- Discussion has taken place with Vikas, appears to be headed in the correct direction
June 4 - June 21
- Minimal updates; exam period
- Work to bring the module and application structure into sapphire core
June 25 - July 2
- Rewrite config manifest generation to fix some issues
July 3 - July 9
- Rework the config and injector system
- Get basic HTTP handling working