This is an online Blog site made using Django framework.
- Post can have tags, posts can be retrieved from a perticular tag.
- Post have markdown functionality, you can use markdonw while writing a post.
- You can also add a comment on a post.
- Posts can be shared via email.
- Site has RSS feeds functionality, you can subscribe to RSS feeds.
- There is a separate list of latest posts and most commented posts.
- There is a similar post list on detailed post view. (Similarity based on tags)
Getting started with development
- Python 3.6.x
- Django 1.11.x
- MySQL 5.7.x
- Ubuntu 17.04 or later
1. Clone this repoistory
git clone https://github.com/akashgiricse/100DaysOfDjango.git cd BlogApp
3. Create the virtualenv
## run following command from `BlogApp/mysite` directory mkvirtualenv blog_app -a "$(pwd)" -p python3.6
4. Install python packages
## Activate the virtualenv which you created on the last step workon blog_app pip install -r requirements.txt
5. Setup the database
TODO - Add instructions for this when we start using MySQL database.
6. Run database migrations
python manage.py migrate
7. Run development server
python manage.py runserver
- If you are having issues, please let me know.
You can send a mail at email@example.com
Copyright (c) 2018 Akash Giri
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.