Pelican is a simple weblog generator, written in Python.
- Write your weblog entries directly with your editor of choice (vim!) and directly in reStructuredText, or Markdown.
- A simple cli-tool to (re)generate the weblog.
- Easy to interface with DVCSes and web hooks
- Completely static output, so easy to host anywhere !
Pelican currently supports:
- blog articles and pages
- comments, via an external service (disqus). Please notice that while it's useful, it's an external service, and you'll not manage the comments by yourself. It could potentially eat your data.
- theming support (themes are done using jinja2)
- PDF generation of the articles/pages (optional).
- Syntactic recognition
Have a look to the documentation for more informations.
Heh, you didn't noticed? "Pelican" is an anagram for "Calepin" ;)
You can access the source code via git on http://github.com/ametaireau/pelican/
If you feel hackish, have a look to the pelican's internals explanations.
If you want to see new features in Pelican, dont hesitate to tell me, to clone the repository, etc. That's open source, dude!
Contact me at "alexis at notmyidea dot org" for any request/feedback! You can also join the team at #pelican on irc.freenode.org (or if you don't have any IRC client, using the webchat) for quick feedback.