A tool to help comply with the European Union's General Data Protection Directive
What does it do?
The component allows the site's visitors to:
- give or revoke their consent for personal data processing (and prevent the user from using the site if they have not provided consent).
- export all data we have on them to a commonly machine readable format (XML).
- exercise their right to be forgotten (account removal) with a concrete audit trail.
The component also keeps an audit log of all the user profile changes, data exports and account removal.
The account removal audit log can be automatically exported to S3 (in a JSON format) or a filesystem location or email and replayed at a later time. This lets you comply with the GDPR when restoring older backups. Note that this audit log does NOT include any personally identifiable information, just the anonymous IDs of the information deleted.
There are CLI plugins included to schedule periodic removal of stale accounts (lifecycle management).
This component is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 3 or, at your option, any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
No public downloads are currently available. You will need to build the package yourself (sorry).
This component is currently in an experimental / internal development phase. As a result we cannot provide any kind of end user support.
In order to build the installation packages of this component you will need to have the following tools:
- A command line environment. Using Bash under Linux / Mac OS X works best. On Windows you will need to run most tools through an elevated privileges (administrator) command prompt on an NTFS filesystem due to the use of symlinks. Press WIN-X and click on "Command Prompt (Admin)" to launch an elevated command prompt.
- A PHP CLI binary in your path
- Command line Git executables
You will also need the following path structure inside a folder on your system
- com_datacompliance This repository
- buildfiles Akeeba Build Tools
- fof Framework on Framework
- fef Akeeba Front-end Framework
- translations Akeeba Translations
You will need to use the exact folder names specified here.
Building a dev release
com_datacompliance/build and run
phing git -Dversion=0.0.1.a1 to create a development release. The installable Joomla! ZIP package file is output in the
If you want to build a release with development versions of FOF and FEF you will need to do some preparatory work. This is NOT RECOMMENDED for most people. Development builds of FOF and FEF may affect how other Akeeba and / or third party software work on your site. As a result you MUST NOT distribute these packages or use them on a production site. The steps you need to do are (from the main directory where you checked out all the other repositories):
pushd fof/build phing git popd pushd fef/build phing compile popd pushd com_datacompliance/build phing git popd
This will create a dev release ZIP package in