A theme that generates full-site redirection pages for migration from domain A to domain B.
What is this
This theme is used when:
- You have a site that is host at
- And you want to migrate it to
- The whole site's structure is not changed
- You want users who visit
foo.com/*to be automatically redirected to
- You want search engine bots to reindex you site without losing position
How does this work
This theme generates pages that contain nothing but 2 tags in
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://new.domain.com/same/relative/url/of/old/site/"> <link rel="canonical" href="http://new.domain.com/same/relative/url/of/old/site/" />
The first tag redirects visitor to the new site. The second one tells search engine's bots how to reindex your site.
How to use
- Make a full copy of your hexo site project.
- In the copied project folder, install this theme:
$ git clone https://github.com/akfish/hexo-theme-redirect.git themes/redirect
themesetting in copied site's
- Config new domain in copied site's
- Deploy copied site to your old domain.
- Deploy orignal site to