This module provides an FAQ content type (via Features), an FAQ view, and the means to embed that view on a node.
- It would be a good idea to install sort_views module (itls)
- Download and unzip this module into your modules directory.
- Goto Administer > Site Building > Modules and enable this module.
- Add the NID of the page you want to use as your FAQ
- Select the node type to use; loft_faq is included in features
- Visit the manage display tab for that node type and place the fields in the correct order:
- FAQ: Category List
- FAQ: Questions
- Create some FAQ entities and visit the page listed above
- CSS style as needed
- To have multiple FAQ pages take a look at hook_loft_faq_node_append.
Configuration with Views
- A view is provided by default with the machine name
- You should not edit the Format section, leave as is.
- Ok to edit most other sections including: Filters, Sort, Title, Etc.
- The display Core is used by the module to generate pages, so be especially careful with this display.
- A block is available that uses the faq templates by way of
loft_faq_preprocess_views_view. Using this block is encouraged as it will leverage the tpl files and you will not have to write any css or theme template files.
- If you need another block just create a new Block display on the view; as long as the display is a block on the view
loft_faq, it will receive the same automatic formatting using the faq templates.
- Take a look at
loft_faq.api.phpfor advanced config.
- When the designated page is loaded, the FAQ index and view will be appended to the page.
- In the Loft Studios
- Aaron Klump - Developer
- PO Box 29294 Bellingham, WA 98228-1294
- aim: theloft101
- skype: intheloftstudios
- d.o: aklump