New Collection Set Lightroom Plug-in
This plug-in for Lightroom Classic will create a collection set containing a collection and a smart collection from the name given.
- Download the release zip file and extract it.
new-collection-set.lrpluginto the directory where you keep your Lightroom plug-ins.
- In Lightroom Classic, go to File -> Plug-in Manager...:
- Click Add at the bottom of the left hand list.
- Navigate to and select
new-collection-set.lrpluginand click Add Plug-in
- Click Enable in the Status section for the New Collection Set plugin.
- Close the Plug-in Manager by clicking Done.
Running the plug-in
To run the plug-in, click Library -> Plug-in Extras -> Create Collection Set
- Display a dialog asking for entry of the collection set name
- Create a collection set under the selected collection set (or top level otherwise) named as per the entered name from the dialog box.
- Create a collection under the new collection set with the same name appended with " Masters".
- Create a smart collection under the new collection set with the same name appended with " <!>". The smart collection rules are that the photo must have a rating of at least 1 Star and be in the new "Masters" collection.
The end result is that you will have a collection set with a "masters" collection and a "picks" smart collection inside it.