Hi, I'm Akshay 👋
I build foundational Python tools for developers who work with data.
- 💻 I'm currently working on marimo, a new kind of reactive Python notebook.
- 🔭 I developed PyMDE, a PyTorch library for computing custom embeddings of large datasets.
- 🖩 I'm a maintainer and developer of CVXPY, a widely-used library for mathematical optimization.
- 📚 I love writing. I write blog posts, research papers, and books, including a book on embeddings.
- 🎓 I graduated from Stanford University with a PhD, advised by Stephen Boyd. All my papers are accompanied by open-source software.
I'm always open to conversations. Reach me via email.