A PDF generation library for Node.js.
Installation uses the npm package manager. Just type the following command after installing npm.
npm install pdfkit
- Vector graphics
- HTML5 canvas-like API
- Path operations
- SVG path parser for easy path creation
- Line wrapping
- Text alignments
- Bulleted lists
- Font embedding
- Supports TrueType (.ttf), TrueType Collections (.ttc), and Datafork TrueType (.dfont) fonts
- Image embedding
- Supports JPEG and PNG files (including indexed PNGs, and PNGs with transparency)
- Gradients and patterns
- PDF Security
- Font subsetting
- Higher level APIs for creating tables and laying out content
- More performance optimizations
- Even more awesomeness, perhaps written by you! Please fork this repository and send me pull requests.
PDFDocument = require 'pdfkit' doc = new PDFDocument # Embed a font, set the font size, and render some text doc.font('fonts/PalatinoBold.ttf') .fontSize(25) .text('Some text with an embedded font!', 100, 100) # Add another page doc.addPage() .fontSize(25) .text('Here is some vector graphics...', 100, 100) # Draw a triangle doc.save() .moveTo(100, 150) .lineTo(100, 250) .lineTo(200, 250) .fill("#FF3300") # Apply some transforms and render an SVG path with the 'even-odd' fill rule doc.scale(0.6) .translate(470, -380) .path('M 250,75 L 323,301 131,161 369,161 177,301 z') .fill('red', 'even-odd') .restore() # Add some text with annotations doc.addPage() .fillColor("blue") .text('Here is a link!', 100, 100) .underline(100, 100, 160, 27, color: "#0000FF") .link(100, 100, 160, 27, 'http://google.com/') # Write the PDF file to disk doc.write 'output.pdf'
The PDF output from this example (with a few additions) shows the power of PDFKit — producing
complex documents with a very small amount of code. For more, see the
demo folder and the
PDFKit programming guide.
For complete API documentation and more examples, see the PDFKit website.
PDFKit is licensed under the MIT license.