Diamond Dog v1.0
An Express.js & Node.js powered starter kit for apps and sites.
- Jade templating (similar to HAML)
- Stylus CSS support (no need to run grunt!)
- body-parser for parsing POST requests
- cookie-parser for retrieving and setting cookies
- csurf for CSRF protection (make sure you insert a hidden CSRF token into your forms)
- Make sure Node.js and NPM are installed with
brew install node
git clonethis repo and go into its folder
npm installwill locally install all required Node modules
node app.jsto run the server
- Go to localhost:3000 in your browser
- If you wish to auto-restart the server after every change to
app.js, install Nodemon with
npm install -g nodemon, and use
Need Database Support?
- Check this Express.js guide on supporting various DBs such as Mongo, Postgres, and Redis.
- If you need an ORM for SQL, try out Sequelize or node-orm.
- If you need an ORM for Mongo, try out Mongoose.
- Opening localhost:3000/ping makes sure the server is running and receiving GET requests.
- Sending a POST request to localhost:3000/ping makes sure the server is receiving POST requests.
- The Diamond Dogs logo is from Metal Gear Solid 5, property of Kojima Productions and Konami.
- Please forgive me for the Bowie references.