Provides low-level building blocks for information retrieval and machine learning, with a special focus on text processing.
- Representing text documents as sparse vectors
- Representing a collection of documents as a dataset, which can be subsetted for cross-validation etc.
- Evaluation using various metrics
- Reading various common input formats like SMART and TREC
- Parsing and tokenizing text
- Maintaining corpus statistics (term frequecies), creating inverted indexes
- Creating weighted document vectors (TF--IDF) based on corpus statistics
Most of the code is in Python, with some crucial functions implemented in C++.
See http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~alad/mekano for documentation.
python setup.py install
- python >= 2.6
- cython >= 0.10
- numpy >= 1.1.1 (required by evaluator.py)