Dot World Maker
Online web role playing game (RPG) engine let you build your own game directly from your browser. This is a complete and fully running engine, allowing to directly create a multi-player game running on any HTML5 browser (even mobile phones).
This is also the same base engine used on https://www.dotworldmaker.com
- Your server must have MySQL or MariaDB installed.
- Node.JS installed (we tested it with v6.11).
- Clone or download the repository
- Create a database on your MySQL or MariaDB and create a DB user for the engine
- Import the SQL statements from tables.txt into your database
- Edit the package.json file (config section)
- install the needed packages: "npm install ." (this must be run within the directory where the package.json is)
- Start the server: node server.js
- Using your browser connect to http://127.0.0.1:1337 or the port specified in the package.json
Default user: admin password: admin
To edit the client or the server Code
- Edit the .ts files never the resulting .js as they will be overwitten when you compile the engine
- Use gulp with the task compile to compile once or the default task will watch the changes and compile when needed