Don't you wish you could scrobble your vinyl? Well, now you can.
What it does
- Listens to line-in for 20 seconds
- Uses the echonest fingerprinter to work out what the song is
- If this segment is different to the previous 20 seconds, scrobble it
- rinse and repeat
- make sure ffmpeg is in your path
- run 'python lastfm.py auth' to link scrobbyl to your account
- plug in your turntable through your line in
Stay tuned for fingerprinting with a microphone instead of line-in
Wait, I can't work out how to run it
Scrobbyl is only in proof of concept stage now. We'll have an OS X and Linux frontend available soon.
How can I scrobble from a cafe/stereo/concert/store?
Sorry, you can only scrobble from a direct line-in at the moment.