IMDbPY is a Python package useful to retrieve and manage the data of the IMDb movie database about movies, people, characters and companies.
- written in pure Python (and few, optional, C lines)
- can retrieve data from both the IMDb's web server and a local copy of the whole database
- a simple and complete API
- released under the terms of the GPL 2 license
- IMDbPY powers many other softwares and has been used in various research papers. Curious about that?
from imdb import IMDb ia = IMDb() # print the director(s) of a movie the_matrix = ia.get_movie('0133093') print the_matrix['director'] # search for a person for person in ia.search_person('Mel Gibson'): print person.personID, person['name']
IMDbPY is released under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 (or later) license.