- The rc.lua file is a complete mess, but it works. I’ll clean it up when I have time.
- It works for me on Ubuntu 10.04 with the available awesome packages. It may not work for you. :)
- The file ~/tmp/gmail and ~/tmp/email must exist for the email check to work.
- You must create a file called
~/.config/awesome/scripts/mypasswords.py and put the following in
email_password=”<your email password>” gmail_password=”<your gmail password>”
- Change the email server host and port appropriately in ~/.config/awesome/scripts/unread-email.py
- Sakura, an excellent lightweight terminal. apt-get install sakura