Currently extension as a website.
I wanted to show the currently extension on an iPad I had laying around. Since chrome extensions only work on desktop chrome, I opted to turn the extension into a website that could be loaded on any device. I found a copy of the code on Github and modified it to work as a website, stripping away a lot of unneeded code.
Codemancer is currently a stateless static website, served by nginx.
Changes from Currently Extension
- Converted into nginx/docker website
- Removed use of LocalStorage for configs
- Removed Notifications based on S3 data
- Removed geolocation. It currently only works in San Francisco, but can be modified to use HTML5's Geolocation API instead.
- Made background color change based on time of day
Setup and Testing
nvm use 14 npm install npm test ln -s .env.development .env