Welcome to the Posts in Sidebar wiki!
Posts in Sidebar is a plugin for WordPress and, once activated, it adds a new widget in your administration panel for widgets. Using this widget you'll be able to display a list of posts in your sidebar. The posts can be retrieved in various ways: using categories, tags, post formats, custom post types, and so on.
Index of the wiki
Posts in Sidebar is a plugin for WordPress that lets you show a list of your posts using the criteria you want. This plugin gives you almost all the power of WordPress to retrieve the posts you want and show them in your sidebars.
The plugin has also a shortcode, that you can use in your posts/pages to list your posts.
Once installed, Posts in Sidebar creates a new widget for your sidebar. Add it to your sidebar, select the options to retrieve the posts you want, and save the widget: you're done!
Here are some of the functions you'll have:
- get posts by authors, categories, tags, post format, or any custom taxonomy;
- get posts by exact IDs;
- get posts by meta key/value;
- get posts by modification date;
- get posts children of other posts;
- get posts by search;
- get posts by recent comments;
- get posts by complex taxonomies queries;
- get posts by complex date queries;
- get posts by complex custom fields queries;
- get posts from the category of the current post;
- exclude posts by authors, taxonomies, and so on;
- control which elements of the posts are displayed (like post thumbnail, taxonomies, meta values, and so on);
- stylize the output of the widget using custom CSS styles;
- cache the output of the widget to save queries to the database;
- ... and much more.
The powerful WordPress class
WP_Query is at your fingertips with this plugin. To understand what this plugin can do, take a look at this Codex page: almost all these functions are already included in Posts in Sidebar.