Tala is a fork of Praat, intended to port all object-oriented code from C to C++, modularize the backend into an API separate from the application, and provide a binding architecture for scripting languages such as Python.
Currently, only Linux is supported, but the Mac and Windows code shouldn't be too hard to resurrect.
- GTK+ >= 2.0 (http://www.gtk.org/)
- FLAC (http://flac.sourceforge.net/)
- MAD (http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/)
- PortAudio >= 1.9 (http://www.portaudio.com/)
- GSL (http://www.gnu.org/s/gsl/)
- GLPK (http://www.gnu.org/s/glpk/)
$ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure $ make $ make install
The executable is located at
src/praat, and the dynamic library at