Hola, soy Alejandra Quetzalli
🦄 📄Working on ... I’m the primary owner of AsyncAPI Dev Docs and Education 👩🏻💻 , hired by Postman to focus solely on the Open-Source (OSS) AsyncAPI initiative. Because I work for an OSS project, I also have the honor of being deeply involved in Community Building for AsyncAPI.
- 👊🏽 I'm a member of the AsyncAPI Technical Steering Commitee (TSC)... The Async API TSC is responsible for the oversight of the AsyncAPI Initiative. The TSC helps make decisions on a higher level, or when maintainers cannot find a consensus. Maintainers (i.e. committers) can make decisions at a repository/project level.
💬Ask me about ... How you can contribute to the OSS AsyncAPI initiative and/or our documentation. We accept doc PRs from the community too! 😀👍🏽
- 👩🏻🤝👩🏽 I’m looking to collaborate on ... AsyncAPI Docs and Learning materials!
📫How to reach me ... My DMs are always open in both Twitter and LinkedIN. ⚡Fun fact ... Soy Latina. I was born and raised in México 🇲🇽. I moved to Seattle and got into tech by accident in my mid-twenties and here we are. 🐕🦺I have a medical service dog ... Her name is Canela! (Spanish for cinnamon.) 🧠I'm autistic ... I'm neurodiverse, yay! 😁
What I do for AsyncAPI Docs and our OSS Community
- Own the docs for the AsyncAPI feature set— documenting this specific area of our Open Technologies function and driving all docs efforts around it.
- Plan documentation in conjunction with OSS community feedback— working with open-source communities to learn about a feature from specifications and user research.
- Collaborate closely with Developer Relations to ensure docs and learning materials align with community needs: this includes assisting with AsyncAPI documentation, tutorials, learning, and education efforts within Open Technologies.
- Conduct editorial reviews on my teammates’ and community doc drafts— providing constructive and kind feedback that helps colleagues to grow.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the AsyncAPI Initiative to establish and address docs needs.