Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release 5 FAQ
- Support for PostgreSQL (including Amazon RDS and Google Cloud SQL)
- API responses are Gzipped to make everything faster
- Development command line has changed from
- Major code refactor with flatter structure (beware imports! see next)
- WSGI import has changed from
from alerta.app import appto simply
from alerta import app
- Plugins import has changed from
from alerta.app import appto
from alerta.plugins import app
- Blackout is now a plugin so it can be disabled and replaced with a custom blackout handler
- Switched to using wheels for distribution via PyPI See http://pythonwheels.com/
- Alerta API now supports multiple roles for BasicAuth (though not supported in the web UI yet)
- Alert format:
valueis now always cast to a string.
/management/housekeepingURL to replace
housekeepingAlerts.jscron job script
DATABASE_URLconnection URI setting replaces every other MongoDB setting with a non-mongo specific variable
- Alerta API should be compliant with version 4 (though some bug fixes in v5 mean it's not perfect)
- Alerta web UI and
alertaCLI should work with both Alerta server v4 and v5
What's Still To Do?
- update documentation
- fix example code
- some complex URL queries for Postgres are incomplete
- complete regression testing eg. lots of vagrant boxes
- "official" docker image does not support Postgres, yet
A. People have been asking for PostgreSQL support for a long time.
Q. What's next?
A. Don't know... websockets?
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.