Alert Logic Agent SLS
This set of state files are used to install and configure the Alert Logic agent.
If selinux is enabled you need to have semanage present in root path.
- Debian 7 amd64/i386
- RedHat 6 x86_64/i386
- CentOS 6 x86_64/i386
Note: If you are using a syslog other than the above you need to configure it to send logs to tcp 1514 Note: If you are using a deriavite of SaltStack's rsyslog formula and using pillars, add salt://al_agents/files/rsyslog/alertlogic.conf to the custom section
- registration_key: - your required registration key. String defaults to your_registration_key_here
- for_autoscaling - The for_autoscaling attribute determines if your installation will be configured as a host or role server. By default for_autoscaling is set to false or in other words as a host install. If autoscaling is set to True then the install is configured as a role server. Boolean defaults to false
- for_imaging - The for_imaging attribute determines if the install process will continue or stop prior to provisioning. If the for_imaging attribute is set to true then the install process perform an install only and stop before provisioning. This allows for instance snapshots to be saved and started for later use. With this attribute set to False then the provisioning process is performed during setup. Boolean defaults to false
- egress_url - By default all traffic is sent to vaporator.alertlogic.com:443. This attribute is useful if you have a machine that is responsible for outbound traffic (NAT box). If you specify your own URL ensure that it is a properly formatted URI. String defaults to vaporator.alertlogic.com:443
- proxy_url - By default al-agent does not require the use of a proxy. This attribute is useful if you want to avoid a single point of egress. When a proxy is used, both egress_url and proxy_url values are required. If you specify a proxy URL ensure that it is a properly formatted URI. String defaults to nil
Installing from GitHub
- Clone the repo
- Symlink from al_agents to root of salt
3) If using Windows minions please add https://github.com/alertlogic/salt-winrepo to winrepo_remotes 3a) run salt-run winrepo.update_git_repos on master to download and sync the new repo. 3b) run salt -G 'os:windows' pkg.refresh_db on master to refresh the db on all windows minions
Installs the AL-agent package and starts the service.
Installs, configures al-agent
Installs, configures, and provision agent
Installs, al-agent and configure rsyslog. Does detection based on init script.
Installs, al-agent and configure syslog-ng. Does detection based on init script.
Wrapper doing a include on configure_logger and provision_agent
Sets up the syslogger to handle logging. Does detection based on init script.
Configure selinux context on tcp 1514
Sends a test log to ensure everything is working
- Fork the repository on Github
- Create a named feature branch (like add_component_x)
- Write your change
- Write tests for your change (if applicable)
- Run the tests, ensuring they all pass
- Submit a Pull Request using Github
License and Authors
License: Distributed under the Apache 2.0 license.
Authors: Craig Davis (email@example.com)