Liftoff is a CLI for configuring opinionated defaults for new Xcode projects.
- Add default .gitignore and .gitattributes files. Read more about this in our blog post: Xcode and git: bridging the gap
- Set the indentation level (4 spaces by default. No tabs, the way God intended)
- Treat warnings as errors for release schemes
- Enable Hosey-level warnings at the project level
- Turn on Static Analysis for the project
- Add a build phase shell script that turns "TODO:" and "FIXME:" into warnings
$ gem install liftoff
Liftoff adds the
liftoff command to your PATH. These commands are meant to be run in directories containing existing Xcode projects.
$ liftoff CLI for customizing new Xcode projects Commands: all Run all possible commands. (Default) git Add default .gitignore and .gitattributes files. indentation Set project indentation level. releasewarnings Treat all warnings as errors in release schemes. todo Add a build script to treat TODO and FIXME as warnings. warnings Enable Hosey warnings. analyzer Enable Static Analysis for the project. help Display global or [command] help documentation. Global Options: -h, --help Display help documentation -v, --version Display version information -t, --trace Display backtrace when an error occurs
The liftoff gem is maintained by Mark Adams and Gordon Fontenot. It was written by thoughtbot, inc.
The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Liftoff is Copyright (c) 2012-2013 thoughtbot, inc. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.