Automated regression testing
Use Feta to record (cross browser reusable) functional tests of sites, and detect regressions caused by refactoring or maintenance.
Feta runs as a Chrome extension, and as a standalone library. You can also use Feta with PhantomJS to detect regression automatically in your continuous integration pipeline.
You can find a distributable copy of the Chrome extension here.
The full source can be downloaded from the master branch on GitHub (as a zip or gz) or installed via bower (
bower install feta).
Enable 'developer mode' in Chrome extensions and click 'load unpacked extension'. Select the
dist directory to load the extension.
Check out this walkthrough video (no sound yet) to see Feta in action
Automated Test Creation
- Open devtools and click on the Feta tab
- Work through typical behaviours on the site
Stop Recordingto stop capturing events and create the output script (it will prompt you for a filename)
- A new tab will be created for the test. From there you can run or download the test.
- Validations can be added to this file, or it can be incorporated into an automated test suite
- With the Chrome extension, Click
Load Scriptto load a script into the sidebar, and then
Run Testto run it
- OR open up a console on another browser/platform/device and paste the test script it
- OR Run
phantomjs feta/lib/phantom.js <url>
Q. Can I use the extension to run multi page tests (i.e. refreshing of pages)
A. Not at this time. Feta can only be used for single page apps for the moment.
Q. Does it work on windows? mac?
A. It has been tested on both windows and mac (presumably it works on linux)
Q. I got an error alert, what does it mean?
A. Please report all errors to the issue tracker. Since Feta is in beta release I appreciate any feedback. In the meantime, you can try closing devtools and refreshing the page.
-Integration with BlanketJS for code coverage