Stuff I've done
- Migrated billions of files and database rows without any user visible impact
- Debugged a memory leak by staring at a core dump
- Discovered a security vulnerability in Glibc
- Introduced a new exception tracking tool, reducing error rates and improving log quality.
- Advocated for, made policy of, and implemented major feature and security
improvements to the Python 2.7
- Added multiple database support to Django.
- Created the Python Cryptography Authority, including recruiting contributors, writing code, and driving uptake.
- Wrote a Ruby interpreter in Python.
- Made many other substantial contributions to Django, PyPy, CPython, PyCA Cryptography, and others.
- Programmed many other computers.
- Staff Software Engineer, Mozilla March 2017 -
- Software Engineer, United States Digital Service January 2015 - January 2017
- Director, Python Software Foundation April 2013 - June 2016
- Software Engineer, Rackspace May 2013 - January 2015
- Director, Django Software Foundation July 2012 - June 2013
- Software Engineer, Rdio June 2012 - May 2013
- Software Developer, Intern, Quora May 2011 - August 2011
- Web Developer, Eldarion September 2009 - May 2011
- Software Developer, Intern, The Onion May 2009 - August 2009
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2008-2012
B.S. Computer Science