Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What is the Alexa Voice Service (AVS)?
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) enables developers to integrate Alexa directly into their products, bringing the convenience of voice control to any connected device. AVS provides developers with a full suite of resources to quickly and easily build Alexa-enabled products, including APIs, hardware development kits, software development kits, and documentation.
Overview of the AVS device SDK
The AVS Device SDK for C++ provides a C++ (11 or later) interface for the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) that allows developers to add intelligent voice control to connected products. It is modular and abstracted, providing components to handle discrete functionality such as speech capture, audio processing, and communications, with each component exposing APIs that you can use and customize for your integration. It also includes a sample app, which demonstrates interactions with the Alexa Voice Service (AVS).
Reference guide for Linux
Quickly build the SDK and run the sample app on these platforms:
You can also prototype with a third party development kit
- XMOS VocalFusion 4-Mic Kit - Learn More Here
- Synaptics AudioSmart 2-Mic Dev Kit for Amazon AVS with NXP SoC - Learn More Here
- Intel Speech Enabling Developer Kit - Learn More Here
- Amlogic A113X1 Far-Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS - Learn More Here
- Allwinner SoC-Only 3-Mic Far-Field Dev Kit for Amazon AVS - Learn More Here
- DSPG HDClear 3-Mic Development Kit for Amazon AVS - Learn More Here
The step-by-step guides include an authorization server for prototyping purposes. However, you'll want to use one of our approved authorization options for token exchange. Click here to learn more.
Other guides + optimizations
The following guides walk you through SDK optimizations:
- Optimize libcurl size for *nix systems
- Build libcurl with mbed TLS and nghttp2 for *nix systems
- Build libcurl with nghttp2 for macOS
- Runtime Configuration for CA Certificates
Read the docs
Before opening a new issue, please follow the instructions provided in the Issue Reporting Guide.