Build An Alexa Skill with In-Skill Purchases - Premium Hello World
Adding premium content to your skill is a way for you to monetize your skill. This Alexa sample skill is a template for a basic ISP skill. It takes the hello world skill and adds greetings in a variety of languages as premium content. This premium content is accessed through a one-time purchase of the "Premium Greeting Pack". This guide walks through the setup of this skill, including the creation of the in-skill products.
This library is licensed under the Amazon Software License.
Each skill consists of two basic parts, a front end and a back end.
- The front end is the voice interface, or VUI. The voice interface is configured through the voice interaction model.
- The back end is where the logic of your skill resides.
Skill Setup (AWS Hosted)
To Get Started using the Alexa Developer Console, click the button below:
- Amazon Developer Forums - Join the conversation!
- Hackster.io - See what others are building with Alexa.
Tutorials & Guides
- Voice Design Guide - A great resource for learning conversational and voice user interface design.
- Codecademy: Learn Alexa - Learn how to build an Alexa Skill from within your browser with this beginner friendly tutorial on Codecademy!