Build an Alexa Skill with Amazon Pay - Demo Store
Do you currently sell real world goods or services on other channels but want to expand to Alexa to reach new and existing customers? Good news, with Amazon Pay, you can offer a seamless voice purchasing experience to your customers, allowing them to purchase real-world goods and services via Alexa - without having to leave the voice experience.
This custom skill is a demo store that showcases how to use Amazon Pay for your shopping experiences with Alexa.
What You Will Need
Before you start working on this skill, you will need to create the following accounts:
- Amazon Developer Account
- Amazon Web Services Account
- Amazon Pay Merchant Account
- Amazon Pay Sandbox Test Account
Setting Up the Demo
- Clone repository and navigate the demo's root folder ( lambda/custom ).
- Open config.js and update values
- Give your skill permission to use your Amazon Pay account. You can do that here. The documentation is here.
- Enable the skill using the Alexa app. Be sure to click Settings to show the permissions page if you do not see it. Provide permission to use Amazon Pay.
Running the Demo
Launch the demo by saying, 'Alexa, open No Nicks'. If you receive an error, proceed to the troubleshooting section.
If you encounter issues with your skill, check the following:
- Your Amazon Pay account is in good standing. Navigate to Seller Central and select the Production environment to verify there are no errors with your Amazon Pay account.
- The correct skill Id is linked in Seller Central for both the Sandbox and Production environments. In Seller Central, navigate to Integration > Alexa.
- Your Amazon Pay sandbox test account is created in Seller Central. Instructions here.
- Amazon Pay permissions are enabled for your skill in the Alexa Developer Console. In the Alexa Developer Console, navigate to your skill then Build > Permissions > Amazon Pay.
- config.js contains the correct values for
- Your skill is enabled in your Alexa App.
- Consent and permissions for Amazon Pay are enabled for your skill in your Alexa App.
- Voice Purchasing is enabled in your Alexa App.
Processing errors and decline handling can be found here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/amazon-pay/payment-declines-and-processing-errors.html
- Amazon Pay Alexa Documentation
- Amazon Pay Certification Requirements
- Official Alexa Skills Kit SDK for Node.js - The Official Node.js SDK Documentation
- Official Alexa Skills Kit Documentation - Official Alexa Skills Kit Documentation
- Amazon Developer Forums - Join the conversation!
- Amazon Pay Help Guide
This library is licensed under the Amazon Software License.