Build An Alexa Skill with In-Skill Purchases - Premium Fact
Adding premium content to your skill is a way for you to monetize your skill. This sample skill has taken the basic fact skill and has added new categories as premium content. This premium content is accessed through either a subscription or the one-time purchase of a given category. This guide walks through the setup of this skill, including the creation of the in-skill products.
Each skill consists of two basic parts, a front end and a back end.
- The front end is the voice interface, or VUI. The voice interface is configured through the voice interaction model.
- The back end is where the logic of your skill resides.
Three Options for Skill Setup
There are a number of different ways for you to setup your skill, depending on your experience and what tools you have available - Alexa Hosted, AWS Hosted, ASK CLI. For this Fact Skill, we will be using the Alexa Hosted option. If you'd like to use the AWS Hosted, or ASK CLI methods, you can check out the instructions here for the Sample Fact skill - AWS Hosted Instructions | ASK CLI instructions
With an Alexa-hosted skill, you can build, edit, and publish a skill without leaving the developer console. The skill includes a code editor for managing and deploying the backend code for your skill. For details on what the Alexa-Hosted skills service provides, open this page in a new tab.
To Get Started using the Alexa Developer Console, click the button below:
- Amazon Developer Forums - Join the conversation!
- Hackster.io - See what others are building with Alexa.
Tutorials & Guides
- Voice Design Guide - A great resource for learning conversational and voice user interface design.
- Codecademy: Learn Alexa - Learn how to build an Alexa Skill from within your browser with this beginner friendly tutorial on Codecademy!
- Official Alexa Skills Kit SDK for Node.js - The Official Node.js SDK Documentation
- Official Alexa Skills Kit Documentation - Official Alexa Skills Kit Documentation
This sample code is made available under a modified MIT license. See the LICENSE file. -->