Like the vibe of a song and looking for a playlist of similar tracks? Modus allows you to enter the artist's name and title of a song and will serve up 100 songs to match the mood. You can save any songs you like to your own list for later.
Modus is a single page app with a one to many relationship using AngularJS for the front end and Ruby on Rails for the backend, which consumes the Last.fm API. Created in a one week sprint, this application follows MVC file organization and user authentication is handled through JSON Web Tokens.
- Alexandra Alday
- Aaron Sato
- Last.fm API
- Font Awesome
- Angular Animate
The user profile of this application is twofold:
First, general users of this application are people who wish to search for similar songs without saving them to their profile.
- Users land on the home page and can search for similar songs
- Users can click on more information on each search result
Another user of this application is the registered user who logs in to maintain their own profile and songs.
- Registered users can log in to manage their profile content
- Registered users can add a song to their saved songs
- Registered users can view their saved songs and edit or delete them
- Registered users can delete their account
Features In Progress:
- Would like to add the ability to play a song directly from the application by incorporating the YoutubeAPI
- Only allow a user to like a song once
- Allow other users to see each others saved songs