Ultra Orienteering Printer
Ultra Orienteering Printer is based on OTIMCON and it is adapted to work with Ultra Orienteering Software.
At the end of race, the participant can get a journal with the route and the timing.
Hardware consists of:
- Arduino UNO ( see the image )
- RFID RC522 ( see the image )
- Pololu Step-Up/Step-Down S18V20F5 ( see the image )
- Thermal Printer SparkFun ( see the image )
- Battery 12v 5a lead acid ( see the image )
- Box 265X185X95
- Vipow BAT1132 Charger for the Battery ( see the image )
- DC 2,1mm DC SOCKET WITH PIPE ( see the image )
- SWITCH 1x16A ON-OFF ( see the image )
It is based on popular orienteering systems, and it's best used for orienteering, trekking, and other sports in which timing on several controls are needed.
How to compile
- Install Arduino IDE from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Install the drivers CH341SER for Arduino from Requirements\CH341SER\CH341SER\SETUP.exe
- Copy the Libraries from Requirements\Libraries to your Documents\Ardiuno folder
- Open src/otimcon0_2/optimcon0_2.io
- From Tools select Board: Arduino Nano; Port: select the COM port; verify the code and Upload it.
How to configure the Printer
IMPORTANT: When you compile, please unplug the RX / TX pins.
To configure those Check Points use Orientare.exe from CheckPointSoftware\Orientare\bin\Release
Open Orientare.exe and configure your station with MODE > READOUT and press SET to apply.
Remember to select where you want to Save the files on your computer using "File" button or the software will stop running.