A fork of a fork of arduino2max, aiming at using the Arduino Mega 2560 in Max by Cycling '74.
There are two patches included in the project.
This patch is based on a minimal example of a connection to an Arduino Mega 2560 using the serial object in Max.
This patch based on the fork by joesanford, requires a particular Arduino sketch (both the Max patch and Arduino sketch are available in the subfolders here). To make it work:
- Open "Arduino2Max_Mega.ino" in the Arduino platform
- Remember to choose "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560" in the Arduino program before uploading the code (see below)
- Open the "ArduinoMega2560-SoundMaker" patch in Max
- Select the right port for the Arduino board in the drop-down menu
- Start fetching data from the device
The patch also contains a small sound engine, so that it is possible to control an additive synthesis with the sensors. This is not a very advanced mapping, but it works for testing the sensors.