Maintenance Mode: On
Never show users this screen again
There's an issue with creating these static maintenance pages, you have to re-write everything from scratch, pull in styles from your app, and push it up to amazon from another repo. Eliminate a few of the steps by starting from a good place and pushing to the freely hosted Github Pages. Here's how to do it.
- Fork this repo and make sure to name it specifically for your app
- Change the text, meta information, favicon, and background image
- Push to github under the branch name "gh-pages"
- Get a latte and wait 10 minutes for your page to be live
- Double-check the URL http://gh-user-name.github.com/repo-name
- Once it's live and pretty the way you want it, add the Github Pages URL to Heroku under the settings tab for your app
- Next time you enable maintenance mode on your app, you'll have a gorgeous page ready to make users smile