Shortbase is a URL shortening engine written in PHP/MySQL. A live demo is available here.
- Lots of URLs. 238,328 with just 3 characters. 14,776,336 with 4.
- Features to save you URLs including duplicate checking, and dead link checking.
- Statistics available for each shortened URL (add a + to the URL).
- Security. Uses PDO for database access, and all queries are prepared.
Shortbase is designed as a base engine to work with. No styling or scripting is included, this is just the back-end.
- Run setup.sql on your database
- Edit html/includes/config.php for your database.
- Ensure apache mod_rewrite is enabled.
- Ensure curl is installed.
- Copy html to your server, ensuring the .htaccess file is copied.
- Customise, and enjoy!
I also made a devlog while developing Shortbase, which provides an in-depth look at how and why everything was made.
Questions? Contact Me.