Spek is an acoustic spectrum analyser written in C and Vala. It uses the GNOME platform: GLib, GTK+, Cairo and Pango as well as the FFmpeg libraries.
Spek is available on *BSD, GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
Find out more about Spek on its website: http://www.spek-project.org/
Spek 0.7 - Released 2011-04-24
New Features And Enhancements
Spek 0.7 is part of beta 0.x releases, leading up to a stable 1.0 release later this year. Check Spek website for the roadmap.
New features since 0.6:
- Added translations in 8 languages
- Preferences to select a language and to check for a new version
- Spectral density ruler
- Added a menu bar, cleaned up the tool bar.
- Better OS X integration
- Show the version number in the window
- Pre-compute the cosine table to speed up analysis by ±16%
- Use jhbuild and ige-mac-bundler to build and package Spek on OS X
- spek(1) man page
- Avoid using APIs depreciated in GTK3
- Fixed link activation on OS X (issue 31)
- Fixed new version detection on OS X
- Fixed duration for unsynchronised ID3v24 mp3 tags (upstream fix)
- Fixed rigth click → Quit (issue 24) and the ⌘ Q shortcut (issue 44)
Sources / Packages
Spek 0.7 tarball:
Windows and Mac OS X binaries:
Other Unix packages:
- GTK+ >= 2.18
- FFmpeg libraries:
- libavcodec >= 52.56.0 (r22291)