Multi Cartridge for Vectrex
- Has 1 MiB of flash memory
- Has 32 KiB of RAM
- Can emulate the following modules
- Regular modules with up to 32 KiB ROM
- 64 KiB modules with bank switching (using PB6)
- "SRAM" modules, where the contents of the ROM is loaded into the RAM and then used instead of the ROM
- "PAGE" modules with up to 31 pages of 32 KiB each (up to 992 KiB) and 16 KiB RAM (see Docs/Developer/PAGE.md)
- The flash can be programmed from the Vectrex, e.g. for storing high score
- Changing the registers of the MuCaREX and programming the flash can only be done while in master mode. The slave mode is activated when starting a module and deactivated on reset.
In the directory Docs/User are the manuals to use the MuCaREX.
In the directory Docs/Developer are the manuals on how to compile your own firmware (CPLD), Launcher (Vectrex menu) and how to use the functions of the MuCaREX.
- Assemble the PCB (if necessary)
- Program the CPLD (see Docs/Developer/CPLD.md, if necessary)
- Grab a game collection (see Releases) or create a new one
- Optional: Modify the collection, see Docs/User/vectrexpack.md
- Optional: Initialize the high score/data saver, see Docs/User/High-Score.md
- Program the collection on to the flash chips
- Place the Flashs in the appropriate sockets
- Plug the MuCaREX in your Vectrex and have fun