FOnline open source
This is an open source implementation of the Fallout Online. It was originally developed by Oleg Mareskin, Fodev and TeamX teams and released under GPL. This is a cleaned up and slightly refactored version of the original.
As far as I know, the original repository is no longer accessible, but I still have a copy of it, if anyone is interested.
Roadmap (from the original repository)
- means that the task is not started,
~ means that the task is half-finished, and
✓ means that the task is essentially done.
|1||Transitions from one map to another||~|
|2||Map of Den with all NPCs||~|
|4||Killable mobs on map||–|
|9||Music and sounds||✓|
- Fixed over 9000 compilation warnings and errors.
- Extracted LZSS from client into a separate module.
- Extracted ACMDecompressor from client into a separate module.
- Extracted FileManager from client and server into a separate module.
- Extracted logging methods into a FOnlineCommon module and made them UTF-8 friendly.
- Added a new IniFile library and replaced Windows-specific
- Achieved server compilation on Linux.
How to build on Linux:
mkdir build cmake .. make
How to build on Windows:
Use cmake-gui or premake.