For more advanced, controlled typing effects, TypeIt comes with companion functions that can be chained to control your typing down to a single character or millisecond, enabling you to type an dynamic narrative, with complete reign over speed changes, line breaks, deletions, and pauses.
- Choose to start typing only when your target element becomes visible on the screen.
- Loop your string(s) continuously.
- Use a single TypeIt instance to target several different elements on a page.
- Handle HTML (even nested tags!) with ease, preserving all of its attributes (classes, ids, etc.).
- Use companion functions to chain individual commands together to fine tune your typing.
- Ready to be included via JS module, or as a separate script loaded on your page (both "legacy" and modern bundles are provided).
- No dependencies!
Using TypeIt for an open source or personal project is completely free is licensed under GPLv3. To use it in a commercial project, however, a paid license is required. Learn more about them here:
See some more examples and try out the sandbox at https://typeitjs.com.
All of TypeIt's documentation can be found at https://typeitjs.com/docs.
Looking for a React Component?
Check out the official React component for TypeIt here.
Please do! Check out the CONTRIBUTING.md file to see how to get started.
Know of a Neat Site Using TypeIt?
If you're working with a custom implementation of TypeIt and would like some help, I'm available for hire. Get in touch!