A pure pythonic reader/writer for BUFR, the meteorological "Binary Universal Format for data Representation"
(C) 2016-2018 Alexander Maul
TDCF table sets are provided as ZIP-archives in different formats, or go to:
datacat.table are not present in your table
directory, there are standard ones in this project's root.
These files are not required for decoding, but optional for readable output.
Command-line program "trollbufr"
Command-line interface created by setup-py.
- It reads BUFR (with abbreviated heading line, if present) from file(s) and writes human-readable to stdout.
- Decoding to JSON-formated file.
- Encoding JSON-formated values to BUFR.
With version 0.6.0 a feature for encoding a JSON formatted file into binary BUFR is added.
The command-line options are changed:
- print information and descriptor sections:
- decode BUFR:
-j to write any output in a JSON format.
There are still things to do:
- Support Python3
- Implement the remaining obscure operators